about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

You with the electronic snapshots
The interesting conversations
Smooth skin, charming features
Long ebony hair
Just who are you anyway?

Why am I drawn to you?
What guarantee would I have
That all these bits and pieces
Of the you I see and you provide
Are really what you are in real life?
How easily can I be drawn in
Hook line and sinker
By some intricately created composite
Scraps taken from so many others

You terrify me, you puzzle
Where is the glue that holds
All your relevant pieces together
You may simply not exist
Rest in the pieces from whence you came
===

I'm being punished for all my offences
I wanna touch you but I'm afraid of the consequences
I wanna banish you from whence you came
But you're part of me now
And I've only got myself to blame...


--- The Darkness, "Growing on Me"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger