about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Yesterday I was pretty much out the whole time. I had volunteered to join Paolo to help out with the nitty-gritty of the DLSU enrollment process. Turns out it didn't really take him that long. He's pretty much in---all he's waiting for is the payment from his educational plan.

I met one of his friends there, too. Her name was Vicky, and she was supposedly a rocker chick and "one of the boys" in terms of demeanor. Found out she was also a budding photographer itching to get a digital camera. She has a good imaginative head on her shoulders, methinks. I also noticed that Vicky and Pao were quite chummy with each other, but he told me it was nothing more than that.

After enrollment requirements we headed off to Glorietta to bring Vicky to some people she'd meet to go to a gig later on. Pao and I decided to burn some money in Timezone on a couple games of Initial D. I swear, I seem to be the only player who drives a Honda S2000.

While we were on the way back to parking, I noticed a familiar face on the escalator right in front of me. I felt like I knew this girl---she reminded me a lot of my old high school crush, and I'm still pretty convinced it was her. She was with a group of friends and they seemed all primped up for some occasion (girls' night out perhaps?) while I was having second thoughts about calling her, partly because of the lingering stench of the caramelized-onion burger I had eaten an hour earlier.

But then I looked at her legs just under her skirt and I noticed that she wasn't this chubby before. Then again it's been a fair 3-4 years since I saw her last...

I joked to Pao that the Ateneo makes one fat. Of course it's just a joke. Marc, that Atenean DJ friend of mine, has always been thin as a matchstick.

Overall it was a good day.
===

We're finally going to start shooting our thesis film's footage. The plan so far is for shooting at Quezon City on Election Day afternoon. I wonder what happened to our storyboard though...

Speaking of Election Day...it looks like I won't be able to vote after all. My name hasn't shown up on the voters list all these weeks.

Oh well.
===

Currently these are the things I want for myself.

- A new Mercedes-Benz SLK 200. This roadster is so damn cute, sporty and suave...too bad it's so damn expensive too. Then again that fancy folding steel roof may not be as useful here as it is in other places. Maybe I'll wait until I generate my first couple million or so. When on earth will that happen?

- A spare badminton racket. A cheap Yonex Carbonex model would be okay. Just in case my Kawasaki's strings snap.

- My second pair of badminton shoes. Pao tells me Asics are the best. I'll need to save up PhP3,200 first.

- A replacement phone. There's nothing wrong with my Nokia 8250, but I'd like to try a nice cheap Sony Ericsson model for now. Besides it's about time I banished the memories that came with the damn thing.

- Sennheiser headphones. Reputed to be the best, period...and I saw a PhP1,550 pair being sold in Park Square. Not bad. Pao says you get what you pay for, and I'm definitely NOT buying cheap-ass Philips headphones any more.

- The squarish gold-colored Panasonic CD/MP3 player. It looks so damn classy and it's a welcome change from all those round clamshells of plastic I usually see. PhP9,000.

- A nice budget sound system for my car. I can probably be happy with a good premium amp and some middle-class tweeters for now. Am addicted to subwoofers now, but that's going to add too much weight for my kind of driving.

I think I'm going to need some serious moolah. Must save.
===

Mao's been sending me e-mail from San Francisco. She says she's enjoying her stay, although she noted the heat was quite similar to that of Manila. I think they're off to Las Vegas now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger