about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Triviality is a waste.

I know my weaknesses, my character traits and why people like or dislike me. I care too much about pleasing others.

Well, maybe I can start living with myself now.

The only reason why I've felt so wretched over the years was because I could never accept myself for who I was. So what if I'm not exactly what I say I am? Nobody is. So what if people say I'm immature? Who can say that they are with a straight face? So what if I prefer being alone once in a while? No matter who you live with, loneliness is a fundamental state of being.

There are bigger fish to fry and bigger problems to face. Wasting my time and emotion on trivialities will only hasten the ultimate death I am already experiencing. They're not there all the time, but I'm glad I have friends who will pop in and out of my life and remind me that I'm not supposed to be as miserable as I feel.

Thanks guys. Perhaps this time around I can give something back.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger