about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I question thee, thrice.

Sometimes I question the value of overtime when I can get just the same amount of work done in the normal eight-hour shift. Overtime is enjoyable, yes, but my body's taking an unnecessary beating because of it.

I question the value of voting in elections when I know full well that beneath the glossy veneer of popularity and campaigning, the candidates are all the same corrupt, immoral liars regurgitated ad nauseam. Apart from making sure no idiot votes under your name, why vote at all?

I question the emphasis of people on a car's peak engine power output when it's an expensive endeavor exploiting all of that urge. Let's face it, nowadays most of us don't have the time or space to do so, let alone the money. Why not buy a car that'll mangle the least amount of money from your wallet in running costs?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger