about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, November 28, 2003

What a long day.
===

I didn't start the day on an ideal note. My jolly manner of waking up was rudely interrupted when responsibilities that weren't even mine to begin with were shoved into my lap. Whether or not it was chance I don't really care. I still got pretty disappointed with my groupmates for SOCIETY.

Because the two previous media seminars were bombs, we as the next group were determined not to have that same explosion on our faces. We decided to prepare our speaker, Mr. Federico Makabenta of Level-Up Games (creators of that game Ragnarok Online), for what sort of questions and atmosphere he should expect from the seminar. We wanted to see whether he could answer our rather deep and philosophical questions in a manner which would make Ms. Sibayan happy.

Unfortunately all my groupmates had other things to do or were sick. Only Denise and I remained...and we didn't exactly set the meeting with Fed for today.

This is why I was so pissed. I was not the mastermind of the seminar, and I did not set the meeting, but because no one else could go it was left to me and Denise.

So off we went, with Tantan's friend Gab. I braved the traffic of Buendia and finally located the Pacific Star building only to find that Fed wasn't in. He was at a hospital himself, looking after his younger brother. We decided to come back tomorrow (Saturday).

Not having had lunch we decided to crash Glorietta for a while. Had lunch, went to Timezone and played some games. Didn't stay for too long though.

It turns out today was payday Friday. Worse, it was a Christmas payday Friday. Imagine the traffic that awaited me and my little blue Honda...and imagine the pain of my left foot, as it was always on the clutch.

I bet I made a serious dent on my usually-lean fuel consumption too. Fuck it.
===

Am just happy to be home.
===

Nicole was beside me today in Economics class, as usual. We got into a conversation that started with movies and just somehow ended up with the subject of love.

She told me she had male friends who had lots of girl friends, but weren't in any relationship because they were too friendly. In other words, they acted in such a way that they were better friends than boyfriends. From what I got from her, there was some sort of difference.

So does this mean that nice guys finish last?
===

I'm probably doomed to not being able to swoon any girl at all, bar my previous relationship (as I never really courted Pam formally). Y'see, I tend to befriend the girls I'd like to know better...and if I like them enough, I try to gather enough guts to tell them how I feel. But now I found out that things like these are "hard to do."

I told Cher about it on YM tonight. I was so frustrated to find out that girls tended to avoid nice guys who'd be great friends for them?! After everything I've seen and read about women's complaints, saying "Men oughta understand us better," in the end they'll still prefer being with "bad boys"? Then what's the point of all this feminizing everything? What was the point of me trying to attune myself for so long to what girls wanted out of men?

What a sad state of affairs.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually thinking that girls aren't as great as I've cracked them up to be. I am sorely disappointed.

Maybe I'm just confused, maybe I'm just jilted. But this is really hitting a nerve in me.
===

Cher did tell me I shouldn't change, that someone would come along who would accept me for what I am...and am not.

She also whispered a prayer for Denise, that she finds out what she's missing and finds it in me.

Maybe. That just may be the case.

But I'm kinda tired of waiting...
===

I've talked about Cher this past week on my blog. Let me just say I am very, very thankful I got to meet her, even only online.

It's surprising how quickly we hit it off as friends---we started out quite reserved last week, but now we drive each other crazy with our little jokes, nonstop emoticons and innocent banter. We made a pact to be each others' emotional closets. No embarrassment, no shyness, no entanglements, no need for pretense. Just pure, unadulterated friendship and mutual conversation about our feelings and emotions.

It feels good having a friend like this.

I promise, one of these days I will visit Cebu and have a cup or two of coffee with you. (Just pray I win the lottery.)

Thanks Ate Kerya. :) *hugs*
===

Hell week isn't starting on Monday.

It started TODAY.

God give me enough brain matter to last the week. I'll need it.
===

I tried being a jerk to Denise today. Unfortunately it didn't work.

For all the not-so-veiled anger, disappointment, resentment and loneliness I put into "jerk mode," I still can't help but make her laugh and be happy.

Seems I still like her around after all.

Yikes. Someone stop me.
===

Was about to log off the Internet and go to sleep when I heard a nasty buzz outside the house. Twice. The transformer on our post had fizzled to its death at 1 am in the morning.

Thanks to that, my legs were mosquitoes' feast and I barely slept last night.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger