about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, November 13, 2003

More ideas came into my head about producing our thesis film when we watched "The Brothers McMullen."

I simply could not believe that this was a low-budget film. It certainly didn't feel like it. Everything felt well-done and the little flaws that betrayed it as a low-budget film were either swamped by the great story or used to good effect. Heck, I would never have noticed Edward Burns used expired 16mm film stock in the movie. It's that good.

"The Brothers McMullen" now belongs to the list of great films I seriously want to have in my collection, if I ever got around to making one. 8 years on, it still wins approval.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger