about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Surprises...more pleasant ones please

This has to be the coldest summer I recall having. True, the sweltering heat has always been present, but the past couple of days were visited by unexpected dark clouds and rainshowers. It’s a big change for me not to prefer running my car’s aircon because it gets too damn cold and I quickly need a piss while driving.

It’s one of those pleasant surprises, I gather. If only there were more of them. Most surprises that come my way subscribe to Murphy’s Law—those of the “if it can go wrong, it will” variety.
===

Went to Toyota Motor Philippines today in Santa Rosa for a preliminary job interview and an exam. Er, make that a battery of exams.

Today was pretty much as screwed up as things could get. I woke up longing for more sleep, grew irate due to the unusually slow southbound traffic, got confused and irritated by guards who told me to park in 3 different places, and drained of my energy from all the exams. By the time I reached the interview phase I bet I was an incoherent mess.

I think I screwed up that one big time. Oh well.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger