about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Monday, April 22, 2002

Visited the wake of Catcat's mom today at the Magallanes chapels. Mrs. Victoria Marasigan died on April 20, 2002 at 5:30 pm due to her original breast cancer spreading to vital organs. She was 43.

Catcat told us that her mom died a peaceful death, so unlike the characteristic frantic final gasping the dying usually are remembered to do. As we asked Catcat about the details, I was very impressed to see her carry herself as cool and poised. My classmate seemed strong and very much able to carry the realization. I've got to hand it to her: she's one brave lass. If I ever decide to crown someone I know as the "queen of poise," she would easily be it.
---

The Zen people present at the wake decided to watch The Scorpion King at Glorietta 4 right after. We have this sort of superstition that attendees of a wake shouldn't go home immediately; they should go somewhere else first. In all honesty though, I'd rather have avoided watching the movie. Not that it was bad (it was pretty entertaining) --- it's just that I feel I've spent too much time in Glorietta already. I'm dreadfully short on cash and I'm spending too much of it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger