about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Monday, April 15, 2002

Summer vacation's finally here.

I managed to get over my finals exams, especially those in Accounting 1a and Algebra 101. These were such hellishly difficult exams. Algebra wasn't as tedious as I thought, but I managed to fudge up and miss three problem-solving questions. Accounting was utter hell. I could only hope I journalized as well as I thought I did, because I am no good with income statements.

Moving on to better things...
---

Jake left home for the US while I was slaving over my Algebra finals exam. I feel rather sad about not being able to take him around town before he left. I guess it wasn't really my fault, although I couldn't help but feel guilty. Perhaps it was his wrong timing then?

He consoled me once by saying he'd be back next year, and this time his elder brother and sister would come along too. Hmmm...better not fudge up that opportunity.
---

Today we had a Zen "sports day" over at Angel Aguinaldo's place in Alabang. It was sort of an antidote to all the stress and studying we had to endure for this term's shocking subjects and its fucking hard finals. I was rather sad that not too many people were able to come due to unexpected events taking up their time. Zerissa and Teresa were able to come along though, as "new" members of our little posse.

We had a lot of fun...had a whole bucket of KFC chicken to ourselves; played basketball; went swimming in Angel's pool; played a mean game of Charades...and snapped so many pictures along the way. We were actually acting like aspiring/real Communication Arts students. I wonder if things like these are meant to last a long time, since we managed to stay together for ten months already. I do wish the Zen barkada would still be there even after our courses would inevitably dismantle our noisy little block.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger