about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, May 03, 2002

I remember joining my classmate's FlipBlogs webring for Filipino bloggers. When I initially registered it required all members to update their blogs at least once every week...hmmm...looks like I'm out of there...

But seriously, there are reasons why I haven't updated my little journal as of late. Most prominent would be the FTP space I'd be wasting just telling the whole world that I'm a bored bum on my summer vacation, doing nothing but check my e-mail and play video games. Repeat ad nauseam.
---

When that Otakuboard EB happened, I seriously thought things would be looking up for this bored imp. I was actually getting out of my suburban residence. Looks like my affair with Otakuboard was rather short-lived too. Two days after the EB, OB's host found our board very resource-heavy and had no choice but to drop us. Good thing one of the members had a spare ezBoard, billed as the temporary OB.

Since then, I feel things have been going downhill. Bea, the OB administrator, has had the worst luck, having a virus wipe out her hard disk and around 10% of important OB site files. The temporary OB isn't as active as the original, to add to the "downhill" nature of things. Gello was planning a Spider-Man movie EB later this month, but it seems a lot of people can't go.

Oh well. Back to my couch and my PlayStation. :(
---

Speaking of my PlayStation, I believe I've played the snot out of most of my games. The games I haven't played yet, I dread playing. Seems I've had my fill of video games for a while...until I get new ones at least...heheheh. Whatever. I'm just bored! I wanna go somewhere!
---

Yesterday I drove Bianca to my pulmonologist to have her X-rays taken. DLSU needed it for her enrollment. Rather bored herself, she suggested that we go shopping at Robinsons Place in Ermita, not far from school.

Lots of hang-ups on the way there. Initially I forgot my charging cell phone, so upon leaving the village we turned back for it. Then we turned back on a traffic-laden Service Road to change cars, since my Honda City wasn't permitted that day due to traffic reduction. Was rather averse to taking the big white Kia Pregio van, because I didn't drive it often and I felt like I'd bump into something or someone every five minutes.

Anyway, Robinsons Place was okay, but I'd rather make sure that I always drive my sister there. Ermita isn't exactly the safest part of Manila. Managed to buy blue Girbaud sneakers for PhP900 -- an absolute steal, considering most stores had them for PhP1,500 to PhP2,500. Bianx bought a leather belt and a leather Girbaud bag. I really wish I was out more often. I wouldn't even mind the traffic...whoops. I'd rather not say things I don't mean...heheheh.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger