about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, April 19, 2002

Boy, am I a lucky man.

I got my course cards just this afternoon. By some sheer stroke of divine intervention I got the exact grades I was hoping for in Accounting and Algebra: 2.0 and 2.5 respectively. Even better, I managed to sneak into the Dean's List for the third time --- all thanks to my sky-high 4.0 grades in Literature 1 and General Psychology (subjects I never thought I'd be able to score very high in). My GPA this term is a good 3.05; it means I managed to make it to the Dean's List for the entire year.

In addition to that, I'm clear for the Otakuboard EB at Congo Grille in Makati. I'll finally get to meet some of the wacky Pinoys behind the even wackier aliases tomorrow over high-calorie sizzling plates of sisig. I hope I'm in my best mood tomorrow.

Ah, life is good.
---

I seriously want to learn how to play real drums. Three years of playing Percussion Freaks can only do so much for me. I've probably spent enough money on the various incarnations of the game (PF, PF 2nd Mix, PF 3rd Mix, PF 4th Mix) to buy my own cheap drum set, complete with cymbals and drumsticks. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration.

After PE this term, I've also discovered that after so many years of abstinence and semi-hate for the sport, I actually like playing basketball. I mean, really, I can be quite good at it if I just had a ball and practiced as often as I could. Yeah, sure, I might not have the skyscraping height (I'm only five feet, eight inches tall) and I get tired real quick, but there's something in the game I just have to achieve.

Perhaps it's the disappointment after my joining the Milo BEST basketball training camp when I was in first grade. I joined simply because my mom wanted it more, she being a b-ball fanatic back in the day. I never took it seriously.

I wonder if it isn't too late to join the DLSU Green Archers. Nah. I'd probably make them lose. The college president wouldn't want that...heheheh.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger