about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Withdrawal is over

After unceremoniously pushing me away in my time of need, you think you can come back into my life with just a snap of your fingers.

Well, you said it yourself. You do not have the energy to have me as your best friend. You do not have the capacity to accommodate me. You are scared of me becoming too close. Yet you have the audacity to go poking at my gut so casually as if nothing happened between the two of us. Don't you think that's just strange? Don't you think that kind of behavior is conducive to the kind of attention you so abhor?

What if I told you I don't have the will to welcome you just yet? What if I flatly refuse to let you treat me that namby-pamby way you do? Would you resort to calling me "childish" once again? What other labels will you be so willing to staple on my forehead? Hey, as far as I know I'm just being stoic. I'm not the one who's name-calling.

I still have to thank you for being the bitter pill I had to swallow. Don't expect me to go looking for the same medication, though. The withdrawal symptoms aren't worth it.


Quote of the moment:

"Mistakes are as serious as the results they cause!"

- Dr. Gregory House, House, season 2 episode 8

No comments:

Powered By Blogger