about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

"Just a step beyond the rain..."

Today marks the last day of the five-session Choral Singing Workshop, and the last song we rehearsed and learned to sing in four voices was the classic "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz.

I have a lot to thank our instructors Olynne and Potpot for. I can now sing better than ever before, because I now know what my body has to do before I even put out the onset of my first note, to make certain that my sound is clear and sustained. What's more, I can even say I know how to read notes at sight as well, even in a limited manner. Despite Olynne showing her bitchy side to us on the penultimate session, it was all for a good cause.

I even made a few friends along the way, and they're coming to Cybergate in a few months so there's a big chance I could bump into them again and ask about stuff. Maybe I could invite them to sing for the First Friday masses, too.


When all the world is a hopeless jumble
And the raindrops tumble all around
Heaven opens a magic lane

When all the clouds darken up the skyway,
There's a rainbow highway to be found
Leading from your window pane

To a place behind the sun,
Just a step beyond the rain...

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?


    - The Philippine Madrigal Singers, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

    No comments:

    Powered By Blogger