about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

To blog or not to blog...

After the delays, Tita Vik's planned birthday trip to Sagada finally pushed through this week, and she came back just the other day. She got to use her new "toy"---her Canon EOS 30D---quite liberally and realized maybe she shouldn't be slaving away as a writer. In an epiphany that came after days of trekking and shooting photos, she told me maybe she should try being a photographer instead.

I told her why not combine the two and make a travel blog? If enough people go and visit, she might even make money off it.

The thing is, she and I are similar in not really promoting our published stuff. Sure, I post links to my reviews in MAHQ and Anime Otaku Fridge but it's not like I tell or text-message all my friends about what I've published, and we're the same in that respect.

There's also the issue of plagiarism. I'm no stranger to that either as I know someone ripped whole chunks off my and my ex's blogs and passed it off as her own life story a few years ago.

Well, there goes that idea...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger