about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Little bits of good news...

We have DSL now, which is a pretty good thing. I do notice some strange things happening with its installation, however. I had to restart to get the connection going a few times, and for a while my computer won't even shut down properly. There's also this strange error message that displays a countdown timer to shutdown, but when it does hit zero nothing happens. Weird. I never encountered these when I was still on dialup.

I called up the Kenwood service center this afternoon and my head unit seems to have been repaired already. That's great news for my ears, which are starved of my CD collection. It's not exactly easy driving around with headphones and an MP3 player round your neck, either.

There's hope for my Jazz yet. Despite being stuck in traffic for most of the week and a few high-strung moments, I'm now almost at 400 km with 1/8 of a tank to go. That should return 12 km/L at the very least.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger