about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Waiting, trying, failing...and more waiting.

I guess I'm still looking for the one I can be stupidly happy with.

It's been a very long time since I've had a girlfriend, and I guess I'm not getting any younger by staying single. I realize though, that maybe my motivation was wrong. Why am I getting pressured into getting into another relationship? Maybe it's the sight of my coworkers getting married at such an early age.

No one can accuse me of not trying hard enough, but I am getting tired of waiting, trying, failing. Then again, relationships can get so screwed up and I know this from my own experience as well as that of others.

Yet...I want to feel needed. I want to be as open as I can be, and I want someone who could be as open with me as well. I haven't gotten over the craving of skin-on-skin contact either. Right now, though, I guess I'll just have to soldier on through each day without the things I want.

All I wanted was a girl that could make me feel all those things again. Good Lord, surely this isn't too hard?


Or is this what being "mature" is all about?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to the girl from work you liked?!? i remember you said she made you stupidly happy at one point...are you giving up that easily?

JM said...

Although we're friends, she's already turned me down. Respecting that decision isn't "giving up," I think.

Your name please? :)

JM said...

She made me stupidly happy, yes...but not in the way you or I would like. The affection wasn't reciprocated at all, you see.

Bottom line is I have to go look elsewhere. It's just a matter of realizing that it's just not meant to be, I guess.

Anonymous said...

cheer up, friend... soon enough, you'll meet your "missing rib". every Adam has his rightful Eve... just a matter of perfect timing and good faith, i believe. =)

JM said...

Thanks.

...You still haven't told me your name though :p

Powered By Blogger