about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

She came drifting my way

It's been a long while since I last spoke to Chen, a friend of mine from my HCP days based in San Francisco. It was a pleasant surprise seeing her online, and an even bigger one that she still recognized me after so long.

Chen and I chatted like long lost friends, which we were in a way, although we've never really met. It was nice hearing about her Cuban boyfriend who was more polite than the cocky immature white men her friends were dating. She was studying to be a pharmacist and had around five years to go, but she said she was going here this year. Perhaps by then Angiela and I could meet her somewhere and basically have a nice time.

I told her about the girl I liked and she said I should just do something crazy this Valentine's. She had a point. Generally speaking, she said all the girls can do is wait for us to make our move. I just hope I don't mess up and make a bad fist of things.

Before long, Chen had to leave. One of her girl friends was crying over her boyfriend and was inconsolable.

We'll meet sometime, Chen. It was really nice talking to you again.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger