about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The fuel economy continues

In the nine months I've been following my fuel consumption (basically ever since I started working and paying for my own gasoline), I've found that I've become a more efficient driver over time. I'm not immune to the red mist that gathers in my eyes and leads me to exploit my engine's power from time to time, but even so, I've come a long way since my college days.

My Honda may now have dents and a bit of rust, but now it also does a regular 10.98 km/L instead of the 9 km/L I did in college. Nowadays that counts for a lot. It means that a full tank of unleaded worth anywhere from PhP1,400 to PhP1,700 will last me two weeks at the very least, and close to three weeks on a regular basis.

I better enjoy the times when fuel prices are still rather cheap. Pulling up at the gas station closest to home, I filled up tonight at around PhP35 a liter. With events beyond my control happening in the Middle East or the US, the pump prices might climb right back up pretty soon.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger