about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Keeping "a healthy dose of insanity"

A lot of things have happened.

I have formally resigned as forum moderator for Honda Club of the Philippines, and pretty soon I’m terminating my membership. Lately I’ve been too busy to take a gander at the forums except on weekends, what with the number of banned websites at my place of work. I can’t even check my Yahoo Mail or Gmail accounts anymore.

The fact that I had sideswiped another member on the evening of May 17 and ran away in fear is another reason. While Francis and I have met and come to an amicable settlement, I’m not sure someone like me who lies and escapes responsibility should be trusted with the upkeep of the forum.

The night of the collision, as soon as I got home I tried ripping out the HCP sticker on the back of my car out of great shame. The lower half is still there, but I figure it’ll come off eventually. I feel that avoiding any more damage to HCP’s goodwill is the best thing I can do.

I’m very sad that not one of the current officers or moderators has dropped me a line ever since I posted my resignation last night. No one replied to my posts either. Maybe that’s what I should have expected. The club had moved on without me already.

Shunichi Sakurai aka “Shuni”
January 2003 – May 2006
===

I am so sick of hanging my head in shame whenever I go to the HCP website.

I am tired of constantly looking for tears to cry. Where have my tears gone now that I needed them?
===

“The Da Vinci Code” was...interesting. I’ve never read the book, but the plot is a fanciful way of connecting a lot of real-life figures into a fictional story.

It was also rather disappointing. It relies too much on talk and it’s way too easy to get lost and lose interest. Sad to say, the book—and its ensuing controversy value—seems too big for the film.
===

To keep a healthy dose of insanity, I’ve immersed myself in my work. I still enjoy working with my officemates and I’m very happy that I’ve embraced them this well this quickly. I don’t really mind the work I do, either.

It is with them that I found my laughter again, and I am grateful. It is with them that I learned that yes, I can be Mr. Sunshine once more, if only to give back what they have given me.

I’ve hit the gym with a renewed energy. I was shooting for three times a week, but my body could not take the exhaustion and I nearly got a fever from the nasty chill of my cubicle. (That’s pretty much the only thing I dislike about work: it’s too damn cold in the office.) I’m playing badminton again, too. I’ve managed to lose four pounds without really trying. For once, I’m actually losing the fat I’d put on when I was still dating my ex four years ago!

I am so lucky, really. I never want to leave. I don’t want anyone to leave because at this point I need my happiness.

Now if only I got my paycheck...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger