about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pride goeth before a fall

My pride has gotten the better of me again. I got into another accident. The damage was mostly  superficial (nothing mechanical was involved), but it forced me to ask serious questions about how good I really am as a driver, how fit my car is...and how responsible I am as an adult.

The ensuing guilt trip has basically taken the wind out of my sails for the remainder of the week. It was wrong, blatantly wrong, what I did that Wednesday night. I am fortunate the other party was also from HCP and was amenable to an amicable settlement.
===

I’m just not myself right about now. I’m in a semi-constant mope.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger