about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lacking

Three weeks into my job and I’m learning that I need two things more than ever. Sleep and patience.

Whatever I do, I never seem to be able to get rid of the dark circles around my eyes. I am really jealous of my friends who can survive with barely three hours of kip and still look as fresh as ever. I on the other hand try my hardest to sleep a fitful six hours a day (at least), yet I still look as if I hadn’t caught a wink in years.

There are also so many things that can distract me from getting the job at hand done. Whether it’s a sudden meeting, the call of nature or a report of bad news, it’s there and it conspires to impede or basically drive me nuts. I find myself really lacking in adaptability.

I need more sleep and patience...fast.
===

This weekend we’ll be at Blue Coral resort in San Juan, Batangas for our summer outing at work. I’m really considering driving there, if only for the reason that I should be passing by the Batangas Racing Circuit en route to the destination.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger