about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Twenty factoids

  1. I am 5’8” and now weighing 162 lb., which by BMI (body mass index) standards is just below overweight. I have finally started losing the weight I gained three years ago when my ex and I were still an item, thank God.

  2. Only my relatives call me Michael or Mike; everyone else calls me JM.

  3. The only place in the Philippines I’ve been to besides the island of Luzon is Bacolod, Negros Occidental.

  4. Currently my favorite place is Maple Valley, WA—just outside the bounds of Seattle.

  5. I dislike a number of local foods like dinuguan and sinigang sa bayabas.

  6. One of the definitively painful phases in my existence was the time I got outcast in sixth grade. I had to contend with being despised, ignored and called “Mr. Bean” by people who hardly knew me.

  7. I try every which way to conform to other people, but more often than not they seem to conform to me. I guess I’m already at the point when I can’t change anything about my personality anymore.

  8. Coffee is good. However it’s not worth blowing your wallet on. Hence my dislike for premium coffee establishments.

  9. Alcoholic drink of choice: Smirnoff Mule.

  10. Cold non-alcoholic drink of choice: A&W Cream Soda. That stuff will kill me.

  11. Whenever possible, I will opt to drive to a particular destination.

  12. I absolutely love salpicao. Bring on the garlic.

  13. I listened to pretty old music growing up. In third grade I listened to nothing but the Beatles. Soon after, I got weaned on 1960s Motown, the Dave Clark Five, the Zombies and The Doors.

  14. I used to read encyclopedia volumes as a kid to go to sleep. Nowadays I don’t read that much anymore...not too many novels, anyway.

  15. Carlos, an old friend of mine, taught me how to sketch people with proper proportions. I am eternally grateful to him.

  16. Over the years my dad has amassed an awesome cassette collection sent to him before piecemeal by his friend Al, while he was still based in New York.

  17. In the words of my friend Grace, I am transparent. I am physically incapable of hiding what I feel...which makes me a bad liar and a worse poker player.

  18. The best thing about most journeys is the journey itself. Most times I am disappointed with the destination.

  19. This list was done while I was feeling sleepy.

  20. My earnest wish is to be able to live my life without having to apologize for or regret anything.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger