about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, June 03, 2004

I've been getting better at badminton, I guess. In my recent games, I've felt more and more confident of myself and the moves I perform, despite not having properly trained for quite a while now. Experience on the court counts a lot, I suppose.

This Tuesday I got to play twice, and I won twice. Today I played thrice, won twice and lost once. My track record's getting better. I admit I still have to test my mettle against many more opponents better than I am, but this is a good start.

While I'm on the subject, I managed to improve my footwork a little bit too. No longer do my shoes have to experience being dragged by their sides when I lunge to return a shot. That means my Adidas Stratos 3s can last longer looking as dapper and as white as they are.
===

I've gotten pretty lonely the past couple weeks. My schedule just sucks. I got way too much free time. I'm actually applying for membership under the Student Council, preferably under Mela's office. It'll look good on my resume and it'll take care of some of that stupid free time too.

It also didn't help that I haven't been able to talk with Cher for what seems like forever. I finally got to talk to her again last night...and it felt so great hearing her voice again. I guess I'm taking the business of missing her too seriously, but she's my friend and I really do consider her special.

Amishu always, fwend. *HUGS*
===

Yaya Cora's mother died yesterday. :(

It's disappointing how her relatives seem to have every reason in the world NOT to take care of her ailing mother. Yaya Cora's left to take the brunt of paying for her medication.

The only relief I can think of for her is that she won't bleed as much of her much-needed money anymore.

Rest in peace.
===

I decided to get an application form for the college yearbook. If all goes well I'll get it by July 2006, half a year before I end my stay in DLSU.

Damn...this is probably the biggest indicator that my time in college is almost over. In five terms, God willing, I'll probably graduate. What have I done with all the time I'm here? Not too much I'm afraid. My resume won't be an org-seeker's wet dream, that's for sure.

I guess maybe I should make up for the time I wasted. I've been mulling over joining the badminton team lately. I even got the cellphone numbers of the two coaches and asked them when they're having tryouts.

I know I'm still a ways from being varsity-player material, but hey, there's no shame in trying right? I'm proud that I get to play with pretty good players 80% of the time.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger