about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I am envious!

This year's Accenture Christmas Party was held over at the new SMX Convention Center at the SM Mall of Asia. I didn't really enjoy myself though. Chalk up another social gathering served with subpar food.

No matter. I really had no intention of staying there for long. My raison d'etre there was to watch how my friends at the Accenture Chorale made use of their painstaking rehearsals for a performance two months in the making. I wanted to witness what I missed due to work.

I was definitely not disappointed. They sang a stellar ensemble, from Bukas Palad's "Gumising" to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" to the unmistakable "Carol of the Bells," their voices joined in a harmonious blend as they finished with "Joy to the World" and the Filipino classic "Kumukuti-kutitap." Boy, was I jealous.

Even with our dear trainer Budz Castillo's gracious departure (you are much missed, sir!), the Chorale proved its mettle and dedication in the most spectacular way.

I vow to join the next performance. Lito tells me the Chorale has an eventful year ahead.

6 comments:

Ambo said...

oh that's why my brother isn't home yet. guess he's still enjoying your company's party. :-)

JM said...

Probably. I heard Imago and Side A performed after I left (which was decidedly very early).

Ambo said...

hmmm i've already watched side-a they're good, don't know imago. i know i know u can sing well. *inggit ako :-)*

pusa said...

wishing you a merry christmas from the bottom of meow heart.

Ambo said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

JM said...

Merry Christmas guys :)

Powered By Blogger