about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Over time

I thought I would abhor the thought of overtime. I must admit, even now I'm trying to avoid having it on my plate whenever possible.

But the past couple of days have seen me stay until at least 9 p.m. because our assigned project has gotten itself spectacularly delayed (through no fault of ours).

I was surprised to find it...fun.

Yes, all we'll get is an allowance, and yes, I can imagine getting burnt out after having too much OT. But I find it cool that these late nights are still spent with my great coworkers. That fact makes me dread overtime work a little less.

I even like driving late at night a lot more. I find the time to overshoot my house and keep driving to Sucat and return for the heck of it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger