about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

A massive attack of boredom.

I used to think that boredom would be the sole preserve of my summer vacations in high school and college. I never would have imagined that even after a year of being employed, I would still find myself utterly bored. Yet that's exactly how I feel right now.

Already I'm exhibiting the signs. I drive aimlessly on weekend afternoons and evenings after work. I'm spending a little too much too frequently. While some of those things I buy are necessities, there are also things I buy that strictly speaking I can do without. I'm plunking down my money on stuff when I should be setting aside my monthly savings cut from my not-so-large salary. And this is me not using my credit cards...

I've become a little scared of what I might do given this same state of boredom and the cash I have on hand. I just might give in to every temptation I've had for the past few months. While I've managed to hold off, there's no guarantee I won't embroil myself in things that might get me in trouble.

This emotional state is an expensive one, as far as I know. That comic strip being forwarded over my office email is true: I have no money and no life.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger