about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Two down, one to go.

I'm talking about my finals. QUATECH and COMLAW1 went well for the most part. For today I'm free, but come Wednesday afternoon I tackle my FINAMA1 final exam. Wish me luck.
===

I got to watch Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz last Saturday and well...it was okay. Still doesn't generate any emotional tug from me though. It's still about five pretty boys with their ridiculously powerful mobile suits. It just so happens Endless Waltz shows the Gundams they pilot as susceptible to major damage as well. The overall theme is good though.

Particularly noteworthy is the analogy of history as an "endless waltz"---the three dance steps of war, peace and revolution. Whomever thought up that concept deserves major kudos.
===

Before that I arrived ridiculously early for the HCP August EB. Deciding I had nothing better to do while burning the time, I walked to Greenbelt.

I was surprised to see an Initial D ver.3 arcade cabinet there. Off I went, buying my game card (I still got a Honda S2000 as my car), conquering the Myougi and Usui courses and finishing two legs of the Akagi mountain road. After the 9 races I was sweating like a pig and grinning from all the tension.

3pm came and I ran back to the Dela Rosa 1 carpark to meet up with the HCP guys. Some of us brought new rides---Emman had his brand-spanking-new red Jazz, Lyndon had his old-but-gold JDM EF9 Civic SiR hatchback (from the early 1990s!), and Eric had an immaculate EK9 Civic Type R hatchback in Championship White.

I spent the day mostly chatting with Angiela (Meow), her friend Sharon and Lyndon's girlfriend Ygy. Meow was too shy to make an outright appearance, so she asked us to stay with her.

Later on I met Ms. Rachell Diaz of HCPI's marketing team, among the giveaways of Lucky Strike BAR Honda F1 team stickers. She was responsible for brokering the sponsorship for our recital "Jazz Up Your Life," and I was delighted to hear that they were considering sponsoring our major concert come March 2005. Very very good news.

Overall an enjoyable EB...I just wish it were a damn bit cooler that day.
===

Lately I've been driving on a very prudent right foot. When fillup time came after the EB going home, I was delighted to see my fuel economy was at 9.89 km/L. With a bit less overtaking I could stretch that to 10, easily.

Gas is expensive nowadays...I heard gas prices have increased just now. Shame.
===

Is it just me or have I developed an addiction to Friendster?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adik ka lang talaga sa friendster!!! =P saw ur posts sa bulletin board ha! hehehe =P

thanks for keeping me company last eb dear!

God bless on your upcoming exam tomorrow and do take care always!

P.S.

honga ang init dunsa venue ng eb! but it was fun!! hahaha.. tagu taguan ... =)



-who else?-


meow

Powered By Blogger