about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

These past few days have been rather tough. I'm finding it a great challenge to balance studies, Pops and my emotional health these days.

The term isn't going too good, academically speaking. I've flunked two straight quizzes in QUATECH even though I have no problem with the lessons themselves. It's just that somehow, somewhere, something always screws with me and my progress in the exams. In the first one it was purely an avoidable mistake; in the second one I'm afraid it wasn't that easy. My other subjects I'd like to think are doing okay, but I can always be wrong. FINAMA1 is a toughie too, but I feel I can understand the lessons now.

My mom went down with the flu the other week and so I had to become errand boy---doing groceries, fetching my dad and my sister, basically not having any free time---precisely when things were becoming pretty hectic, as it's midterms week already and a lot of things are due. Everything happens this week, I like to say.

I also have to admit I haven't been the most effective sponsor-seeker on Pops' marketing committee. I've bungled up a couple of faxes and I basically have to secure enough sponsors or donations in time for the July 30 recital. I have two weeks to make that up. I have to make better use of my contacts.

This term's going to be rocky as far as I can see it.
===

It also doesn't help that I've been quite cranky these past few days. I just feel like I don't want to take any bullshit from other people. If they can't help, I might as well clam up and do my thing myself---and I'll shove it up their throats that they're useless.

I know that isn't the most pleasant way to behave but I really can't help it. I'm tired, I'm not getting enough things done and my grades suck no matter how hard I try.

I need a breather. Wooooosssahhhhhh...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger