about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, June 14, 2003

I've been keeping myself busy...seems like this term's going to see me in workhorse mode again. It's a good bonding experience with my school friends, I guess. It might be hellish to go through grades-wise, but I think this is exactly what I need.

Might as well spend as much time with them as possible...my friends in the other Comm Arts block are due to graduate soon. The mad rush for yearbook entries, photos and write-ups is a sign that I gotta cherish whatever time I have left ith these great, great people.
===

Been mulling over revamping this blog...unfortunately I don't know how to transfer the Blogger code onto raw HTML.
===

Funny thing about the books I buy: many of them seem to apply to my present situations when I buy them. Call it a weird quirk of clairvoyance or premonition, I don't care.

I've just bought, read and enjoyed Haruki Murakami's book "South of the Border, West of the Sun." Not long in any sense of the word (finished it in 3 hours) but is it so goddamn correct. Great, great book.

Thanks to this book I realize I can exorcise the ghosts of my past...
===

Spent the better part of a yesterday with my mom and sister shopping for groceries, watching the launching of Market! Market! and going to the dentist. Not bad. Even saw fellow SX8er Marlowe in Market! Market!---he and his band were going to perform that night. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay that long.
===

I knew from the outside we were meant for each other
Something was going wrong when you didn't like my mother
I don't want to hate but that's all you've left me with
A bitter aftertaste and a fantasy of how we ought to live

No regrets, they don't work
No regrets now, they only hurt
I know they're still talking, the voices in your head
If I could just stop hating you, I'd feel the same for us instead
Write me a love song, drop me a line
Suppose it's just my point of view, but they tell me I'm doing fine


--- "No Regrets," Robbie Williams

Some bridges are meant to be burned I suppose...unfortunately you had to burn me while doing so.
===

"Manila is a big city with a small-town mentality." --- PEOPLE magazine

How fucking true.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger