about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, June 06, 2003

DOES ANYONE READ THIS ANYWAY?

Anyway, I'm back.

Two months, fifteen pounds and an annoying uncut head of hair later, I'm back to blogging. I didn't seem to miss blogging all that much. Besides I would've bored you out of your lives anyway, the way I live my summer vacations in absolute boredom. Better for my stench to have been kept off the web then.

Not to say that things haven't been happening during my hiatus, oh no. A lot's happened, yeh. Mostly stuff that's happened on the forums I participate in, HCP and OB.

Some of my online friends have chosen to point accusing fingers at me for destroying their little precious friendships that I happened not to agree with. Too bad for you, I could've been your best friend and you threw it all away in support of (a) total nutcase(s).

Angered some forum higher-ups with my unbridled (yes, that meant tactless) disdain for the Chinese dramas invading Manila airwaves---"Meteor Garden" anyone? Pinoys are corny and cheesy enough as they are...why make it worse? Ewww.

Finally tried to confront my newfound weight problem too. I gained 15 lbs. during the summer and I had to find out part of it is because I ate too much fruit yogurt. Talk about having too much of a good thing.

Tried to go play badminton with my dear ol' Tita Vik, who taught me a nifty footwork drill, that unfortunately leaves me out of steam and with aching thighs just after 15 minutes. I found out that climbing stairs two steps at a time gives more or less a similar effect, but without the benefit of going backwards. Else I would've had a neck brace on right now.

Also tried...ehem..."alternative" forms of exercise too. By alternative I meant hitting the local arcades. The game Dance Maniax is a really great aerobics workout when done for half an hour straight, and I can dance to some of the harder "Wild mode" songs now without flunking stages. SM Bicutan's been such a welcome boon; the SM arcades are by far the cheapest places to play DM in. Only PhP10 for a five-chip game, which translates to dancing 5 songs without failing...or about 8 minutes. In comparison Timezone is just evil: PhP22 for a 3-chip game (3 songs, no failure). Sucks.

Plus, I get a lot of attention from dancing to DM...eheheheheh.

School just started last May 26th for us, and I certainly did miss all my blockmates. Got pretty good grades from the last term, and I hope I do well this term too. Been in contact with some of them longer as well. Joey just broke up with her boyfriend after a year and the poor girl's been crying her eyes out all night.

I also spent the summer pondering on some things. Although we're no longer a couple, I still miss Pam a lot, mostly because we used to be such good friends before we were together.

Well that's that. Mom and Dad are thinking of selling the big white Pregio van and getting a Toyota Vios subcompact sedan as replacement...well, that's all good, but I was hoping they'd consider the brand-new GD6 Honda City as well. Seems the high maintenance requirements for my present SX8 City irritated them to some extent...

Ah well. See y'all later.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger