about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Friday, January 17, 2003

In the words of Professor Sherman Klump of "The Nutty Professor":

YES, I CAN!

I can choose to get over my loneliness and sadness. I can choose to live my life and do the things I have a passion for. I can choose to find my friends and meet new friends in any damn way I want.

Indeed, I can.

Now I know what my mom meant when she told me this:
The key to happiness is not that you never get angry, upset, irritated, frustrated or depressed. It's how quickly you decide to get out of it.
---

I can't believe it.

I've been watching VanDread and other anime series for so long. I didn't even realize that the lesson I was looking for all these years was right under my nose all along. How could I have been so slow?
---

My presence may not help, so I won't bug you to the point of pressure and irritation. I promise, though, that if you ever need anyone to listen to what you have in mind, you will always have my ear.

It's up to you, really, whether or not you push me out of your life.

For now, I wish you well. I will always love you.
---

This is weird.

My old Politics and Governance professor and I bumped into each other while I went on my way to buy lunch at Agno St., DLSU's "nicotine alley." She hadn't seen us in a couple of terms, so she was rather excited to see me again.

Prof: "Tumaba ka ah!
Me: "Ah, well..."
Prof: "Pero bagay sa iyo. Ang cute-cute mo!"

This last sentence she mentioned while pinching my arm. Then she bade goodbye and went on her way.

I know, even if I grudgingly detest it, that I gained weight these past few months, most of it showing on my face. But I never thought extra facial fat made me look...cute. It's like saying a pelican looks better with two pouches instead of one. And why that pinch on my arm?

Weird weird weird. Noonienoonienoo...
---

Am glad I found the company of my friends when I needed them. It turns out I didn't have to soldier through the next three months alone, after all.

Am also glad I found the company of strangers who had the time to turn an ear to what I had to share.

As long as I am alive, something good will happen. I know this now. I cannot quit on myself. I cannot punish myself. I am human, after all. I deserve to feel my own emotions. I deserve to be happy.

Nietzsche, I agree with you: I deserve to live.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger