about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Not so charming.

Everybody has their own way of charming people. You, you've got your wit.

So said my friend Gracey.

Apparently my "charms" are all but lost on my colleagues. I don't know if they're too pedestrian to appreciate what wit I have, or if I'm too far removed from them to understand that what I have to say is actually supposed to be funny. Either way, there's got to be truth in both, and so I give up. They're good to work with, but work is work.

What's important is I have found my comfort zone, thanks to Celine and PJ. I don't want to get out of it, no matter how evanescent the people in it may seem.

Yes, work is work and I have to remember I have a life outside of it. I have to see my old friends more often.

Denise...if you're reading this, I miss you a lot. Take care, and I'd love to ask you out next week.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger