about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Much ado about...pond scum?!

It’s funny how something that looks so much like fermented piss or pond scum has people my age outdoing one another for the last drop in the office pantry.

It’s supposed to be iced green tea. Whatever. I’ll gladly take the hot kind, thanks.
===

According to some surveys from my choir’s Yahoo group, I’m 24% fat and just 48% Pinoy.

I always knew I was a misplaced soul.
===

Hangad is just not the kind of music you should be listening to when trying to keep awake.
===

For the past three months, I find myself always looking for Gundam kits to buy, but never with the cash on hand to spend on them. There are still a few kits I’d like to add to my collection, but now I think I see the hobby for what it is: an expensive folly not for frequent consumption. I mean, I really could spend the money on other things, such as my savings and paying for my car’s long-overdue repairs. Ever since I bought the HG Gundam Airmaster Burst and the MG Zeta Gundam Ver.2.0, I haven’t bought anything new.

Only two kits are in my head for now: the MG God Gundam and the upcoming MG Gundam F91, two of the most compact Gundam-series mobile suits ever. Both make do with extensive use of ABS plastic and a minimum of polycaps.

The much-delayed F91 does away with polycaps altogether. It will make for an interesting build, at the very least. It’s due out next month.

Maybe I should be prudent and opt for the MG God for now. At least the dent it’ll make on my wallet won’t be as substantial, and I’ll be able to get it sooner.
===

The insurance claim is under way, thank goodness. My car’s damage was estimated at PhP6,440, and the insurance will pay for more than 2/3 that amount.

Besides the cosmetic damages, my car really is crying out for a thorough suspension repair. Those bouncy rear shocks can only last for so long. I’ll need to save for this so I can get it done ASAP.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger