about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Sunday, January 13, 2002

It's been a great week so far.
---

Finally met our professors this term. I can't help but think, though, that most of them seem boring. At least I get to have the incredible Isagani R. Cruz as my literature prof though. I've read some of his stories back in high school. Actually having him as teacher in college is just icing on the cake. It's sad that I can't say the same for most of my other profs...Zzzzzz!
---

Since we have a two-subject schedule every Wednesday, we're out by 10:20 a.m. Groovy. The Zen barkada (that's us) decided to make the most out of this very early dismissal: We watched "Lord of the Rings" at Glorietta. The film itself was great although quite disorienting. I had a headache after watching all the zooming effects and whatnot. It'll leave you begging for more though---the story isn't finished.

Anna was swooned by the elven archer Legolas (like many a teenaged girl out there). Turns out that Orlando Bloom, the guy who portrays him, isn't so charming in real life...supposedly looks a lot like Justin Timberlake of *NSYNC. Hmmm.
---

We went to Timezone afterwards. Finally got to play Percussion Freaks 4th Mix. It's hard. I wonder how my friends at PinoyExchange manage to keep learning all the new songs. I don't have the money to do the same, sadly.

We got to play this wacky game there called "Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ" and it left us all laughing. Basically you have to slap three buttons in a variety of minigames to win. You can be a karate guy doing chop-socky with bad guys, a Power Rangers-style robot assembling itself, or a bride-and-groom team competing in a pie-throwing contest, among others. Even better fun is the fact that 3 people can have a go at any one time. The computer's too good sometimes.

Recommended for gimmicks with non-gamers and girls --- you'll all have a riot. :D
---

Got an overseas phone call from Jake yesterday. He said he was coming over much later than I thought --- around March 13th. He'd stay for a month. Until then, he wanted me to show him around Manila.

I found it quite hard to talk to Jake after all these years. Sure, I appreciate his efforts of calling us former neighbors of his up, but after eight years of separation (and most of them teenage years at that), I felt I couldn't quite interest him in the things I liked and vice-versa. It was as if I was talking to a ghost of my past. I fell silent a lot of times during his call. I just hope that when we do get to see each other again, we'd hit it off just like the old days...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger