about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Music to have an out-of-body experience for

Thanks to my colleague Gerald, my ears have been treated to some of the best music I've heard in months.

He lent me two CDs, one of Bliss' album "Quiet Letters" and the other of "Voyage 2," a world music compilation. Both are excellent examples of ambient music that really should be appreciated by more people. I was hypnotized by Sarah Brightman's "Eden," seduced by Angelo Badalamenti's "Falling" (the theme from "Twin Peaks"), lulled by Bliss' "Sleep Will Come" and brought to the halcyon days of my first relationship with their most famous song, "Kissing."

Such music entices me to leave my physical body behind and harmoniously meld with its melody. As eerie as that sounds, it's true.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger