about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, December 06, 2003

The rest of hell week wasn't as hellish as the first couple of days.

It's actually a good thing...after hell week, I actually have a three-day weekend.

Great.
===

My MARKET1 final exam was, like I said, disappointingly easy. The second half was a bit harder, but it wasn't anything to be scared of.

Yesterday we got our course cards from the Marketing Department and I bagged a 2.0 final grade for the subject. Managed to bag a 2.5 on the final exam too, so that means I'm accepted into the department and I can go on with my two majors subjects for my Marketing Management degree. That's always good news.

One down, five more course cards to go. All on the 19th.
===

All I have to do now to finish my term requirements are to study for finals in Economics 2 and Statistics 101, as well as submit my SOCIETY paper this coming Friday.

That's still sort of a long way off...I can probably kick back and relax for a bit.
===

Bong came over yesterday, since he cut his last class, and we basically spent hours in my room starting a new game of Gran Turismo and watching the final race of Initial D.

He told me he'd be over more often come Christmas break.

Not bad by any means...I miss those days when Paolo, Bong and I could just hit the couch and watch TV or play games.
===

People are texting me about their concern for the way I drive.

Don't worry, guys. I may drive harder than most people do, and I might practice and use so-called "racing techniques" like heel-and-toe (which many people can use to smoothen their driving with manual cars anyway), but I know my limits.

I vow to reserve any misadventures for future visits on the racetrack, where I'll be running alone and in controlled conditions (i.e. safer than on public roads).

Heck, the only opponents I'd have on a track day would be myself and the stopwatch.
===

Then again, it ain't my fault as to why some people voluntarily expose themselves to danger while I'm driving.

God, the things some people do to get attention. On a highway at that. You'd think they'd have a death wish or something.

My advice: get off the fucking left lane and don't cross when the traffic lights are green!
===

Cher's meeting her pare this afternoon.

She's had a lot of emotions about it this week---confusion, nervousness, giddiness, and an occasional bout of getting pissed off. But I know she loves the guy.

I really hope the two of them hit it off well offline. I promised her that whatever happens today, I'll have my phone open if she ever decides to call.
===

Actually she called me up at midnight, when I went offline and was about to hit the sack. She was nervous and wanted someone to calm her down. I don't exactly know how I did it though. I suppose she was just distracted with how "child-like" I sounded when I laughed, or how quiet I actually was offline, or how I supposedly sounded like Luis Manzano.

Still, she was great to talk to.

Thanks, kindred spirit. Your voice cheers me up.
===

Just a final note: Nicole pinched me on the arm in Economics class.

HARD.

I was kinda mumbling about how sleepy I was...and when she did that I woke up from the pain.

Maybe this is her way of telling me I'm one of her friends now...
===

Mike invited me to his birthday dinner at Gerry's ATC tonight...that would potentially mean meeting up with all the OB gang.

Strange. I know I detest the possibility of that event being another gathering of friends-cum-Ragnarok Online addicts, but I'm still curious and I want to go.

If I don't like the way things turn out, I could always leave early...
===

According to the Spark's purity test I'm 71% pure.

Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger