about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Monday, June 24, 2002

Had no classes today because of Manila's city anniversary. Had nothing better to do. So I decided to ask Pam out to lunch before she went to work.

We met and ate at Cibo in Glorietta, and spent our time just talking away. She was worried that her section had only 4 pages on Wednesday, a far cry from their usual two 8-page sections. Although it meant that they'd finish their work earlier, it also meant being somewhat shortchanged by their advertisers...

Later on we went to her office inside the Philippine Daily Inquirer's halls. She introduced me to her section editor and some of her co-writers, but I was too shy to make any particularly memorable impression on them. Still, it was a great day and I had loads of fun. Not even the rude greeting of my car's discharged battery spoiled my day today (it's somewhat charged now).

Thanks a lot, Pam.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger