about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Got some mail from strangers about my blog. Apparently they stumbled over my little hut on the Net while looking for something else (really, how else would people I've never met know about my existence?), and they actually thought I write well. One of them even wanted to be friends with me.

Well, I feel quite honored. Thanks.
---

Online enlistment for my courses next term was a bitch. I can't blame DLSU for much though...most of the fault was on my damn unreliable computer. I was really close to burying my measly little knuckle into the case's sheet metal. Never seemed to work properly for more than an hour. I need a new computer. Or at least I need an upgrade.
---

My car's battery finally gave out on me. He came to the rescue and got me a new one while I was parked in a nearby Caltex station. Although I appreciate that he was there, I hate the way he, along with his other, has to rub in every little mistake I make. Being treated like this, I suppose you wouldn't be surprised as to why I hide the truth from you two so often. I don't want to be constantly bugged by my blatant mistakes again. I'm nineteen, for crying out loud. You should know that I know when I'm wrong. I should know; I have an overdeveloped sense of guilt, no thanks to my lack of credit in your perception.

Scratch that. EVERYTHING I do is never right, correct or adequate for you two. Not even the fact that I managed to stay on the Dean's List for the whole year entitles me to any benefit whatsoever. I wonder what the point is in ranting about this when I know not any amount of pleading or pleasing you will change things.
---

I felt so lethargic today. I couldn't help but fall asleep in Physics Lab class. The whole week I've been so damn tired because my sleep's been very erratic. When I plan on waking up at 9 am, I wake up at 6 for one reason or another. So weird. Maybe I need downers to sleep well this time.
---

My erstwhile crush and now close friend Denise was kidding me after I told her about my little lunch date with Pam yesterday. She was telling me that the two of us might end up as a couple.

Nah, I told her. Not likely. She's sworn off relationships.

Den wouldn't give up. "That's where things get started." Oh...kay. I just smiled it off.
---

Had the weirdest smoothie I ever tasted. I ordered a banana smoothie from a Japanese restaurant in University Mall. When I got it, it was a shade of pink and hardly tasted like banana at all. Weird. I'm never getting smoothies from that place again. I fear for my safety.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger