about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, November 29, 2001

My problem with Denise and Erik is over...for now.

It's been yet another instance of me being given the "friend speech." You probably know how it goes...just when you reveal to the girl your feelings for her, she goes, "I'm sorry but I can't reciprocate your feelings," or something related to that. Romantic cynics say, this speech just means, "You're pushing your luck too far."

I'm not sure I agree to that though. I was lucky this time, I guess; things didn't turn out as bad as I thought. Denise and I still remain friends and we've acted literally as if my confession never happened. There hasn't been any voluntary isolation on her part either. We're still largely the same two out-of-whack weirdos we've been in the past three months. Judging at how bad things may potentially have become, I never really expected anything like this --- anything this good --- to happen.

Erik and I aren't any closer however. I'm beginning to lose hope with him. Oh well. There's only so much I can do for the person; he'll have to sort his feelings out himself.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger