about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Now that's not something you see everyday.

On my way to work, driving along C5, I was close to passing the Shell gas station when I noticed something odd on the opposite oncoming lane. I saw this white Mitsubishi L300 van teetering on its two left wheels.

Despite my speed and direction, I was around long enough to watch it finally tip over and land on its side. All along, all I could say was a singsong "Oh my God," as I saw the cars behind it hit the brakes before I drove past the whole scene.

I don't even understand how the thing could have tipped over. L300s are underpowered, heavy and slow. My only logical guess is the driver yanked at the steering wheel so hard that instead of straightening it out, it rolled over.

Scary stuff, indeed. Let's leave the unusual Russel Swift driving tactics to...erm, Russel Swift.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger