about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

One of those times when I drink tea...

I am sick.

I've been feeling under the weather all week, but this is the worst yet. My eyes are spinning, there's a jackhammer in my head, I have sniffles and a cough, and my energy's pretty much drained. I'm nursing a very slight fever by now, but that's the least of my worries. I haven't had to resort to taking any sick leave yet, but I'm not so sure about maintaining the status quo any more.

To avoid exacerbating my present situation, I spend the days on autopilot and grab every chance I get to sleep. It has to be said, the sleep isn't helping much. I slept ten solid hours last night and I felt no better when I got up.

One of my personal quirks manifested itself lately: I drink tea when I'm sick.

I generally hate being sick because I get so damn bored when I am. I know it's a reminder to take it easy and that my body isn't as strong as others' but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

Sigh. I am weak and tired. I should take a vacation and do nothing but sleep the day through. Anyway, the weekend is just around the corner; I have to last only one not-so-stressful day more.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger