about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

My blog, an endless wellspring?

I have no expectations of this blog. While my ex may have started me off, I've kept my blog for six years simply because it's my way of unwinding. The personal nature of my blog, limited customization and my own less-than-charming personality mean that my readership figure is low by design. (Don't tell me it's otherwise, I know this as a fact.)

So it's always nice when good word comes in about my little piece of online estate.

My high school friend, blockmate and thesismate Leia chatted me up on YM "by mistake" and mentioned my blog. She said it's as if I never ran out of things to share. It's odd because most of what's printed in these pages is simply my personal nonsense, the petty ravings of a mind that lacks quality sleep.

After graduation she stayed in DLSU for her master's degree and a job at the Cultural Arts Office. It's been a while since we last saw each other, and she missed talking with me. The feeling is mutual; I miss her zest and wacky ideas. We've been together for such a long time.

So many of my college friends are going abroad. Rachel's leaving for America soon, so Leia and I might just bump into each other at her despedida dinner tonight.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger