about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"With a little help from my friends..."

I didn’t have any real expectations when I parked up my car at nearby Lamoiyan Corp. for a job interview and testing session yesterday, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw Denise’s name on the applicant list. She had arrived just minutes ahead of me and we were both applying as sales trainees.

In all the interviews and test sessions I’ve had so far, this was pretty much the first time I strolled in and saw someone familiar with me. A batchmate of ours, Ivan, was also there, having already been given the preliminary interview.

Anyhow it was as if Den and I hadn’t been away for a month. It was nice chatting with her again.
===

My friend Aileen just returned from Jakarta and Singapore. I missed her too. I want to play badminton with her again.
===

Thanks to my friend Israel, I now have DVDs of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team. This is pretty much the closest anime can get to replicating epic war films such as “Platoon” and “Full Metal Jacket” and it was a blast to watch. Short but powerfully complete, it’s one of the best Gundam anime ever made.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger