about the talking fish

My photo
Writer. Wheelman. Occasional DIY mechanic. Walking collection of hang-ups. Hopeless romantic. Old-school. Analog soul in a digital world. I am all of these things and more.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

I've said this once and I'll say it again...I can never seem to find a perfect pair of spectacles. No matter how hard I look for sunglasses there isn't a frame that suits my face 100% well.

Things aren't getting any better for my eyesight. My eyes will slowly but surely deteriorate (my eyesight isn't 20/20 as it is) and I'll need a good pair soon enough.
===

My mom got a new phone yesterday, a Nokia 6600.

Weird thing is, for all its sophistication, I can't seem to find a way to up the size of the typeface for text messaging. That'd help my mom a LOT. Everywhere else the typeface is readable at half arm's length; the text messaging window necessitates bringing my face very close to the phone. What more for my mom?

Nokia are you reading this?
===

Relationships...they're all that I think of in recent times.

I have to admit I got very lucky with my generous ex in all the 5 months we were together. I doubt if I'm 100% over her, but I am convinced that the ghosts of the past aren't haunting me as strongly as they used to. Although I get the occasional mild shock seeing someone who looks eerily like her, I can shrug it off now and leave it to coincidence.

For now I want to prove to myself that I can make a relationship last with genuine effort on my part. I want to teach myself self-temperance. No hot and heavy stuff right off the bat; I'd like to work for it. I don't want to force my future partner to do things she's not ready for, nor do I want her to demean herself for me. I want to do what I can, as much as I can, to make a relationship last and last well.

Trish did say I was a sucker for love...the eternal hopeless romantic. I guess that's true. It's an addictive feeling, being giddy in love with someone, but I know that's not all there is to it. Keeping a relationship intact concerns many ups and downs, so I've read in an old issue of Redbook, and the key is to make "honeymoon" phases return over and over.

I've been fortunate enough to meet and mingle with some pretty attractive women recently. None of them are attainable yet though. That's just as well; I might not even have enough time to enter and maintain a relationship in the first place if I do make it into Pops.
===

Love is only a feeling (drifting away)
When I'm in your arms I start believing (it's here to stay)
But love is only a feeling anyway

Love is only a feeling (drifting away)
And we gotta stop ourselves believing (it's here to stay)
'Cause love is only a feeling anyway...


--- The Darkness, "Love is Only a Feeling"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger